We had the second level 2 ultrasound to get a better look at Annabel's kidney and they still aren't sure exactly what the issue is. They don't think it is the duplicated system like they thought last time. Good news is that her kidney tissue still looks great and the other kidney is completely healthy. We met with the Pediatric Urologist. He will come to the hospital sometime before she goes home and will do a few tests, xrays or ultrasounds. He wants to see better on her what is going on and to make sure there isn't any reflux (which could cause UTIs).
There is a chance that this is just a small abnormality and as she grows it will go away on its own causing no complications along the way (PLEASE PRAY FOR THIS!!). I am hoping most of all we won't need any surgery (which would probably happen between 3 months and 1 year or a bit later if needed). Secondly, I am hoping she doesn't have the reflux. If she does, she will be put on a small dose of antibiotics until she grows out of it or gets surgery to fix the cause of it. I appreciate the need for medicine and am thankful we have it, but I hate the idea of her being on some sort of medicine everyday!
And here are some pictures of Dylann from when she was born. It will be fun to compare when Annabel comes!!
Dylann almost 2 1/2 YEARS ago.
And CLICK on these photos. They are links to our Picasa Albums for the last few months. Enjoy and check back soon (hopefully!!) for some updates on Annabel's arrival.
![]() |
| May 2010 |
![]() |
| June 2010 |
![]() |
| July 2010 |
![]() |
| August 2010 |





Annabel Lee! I love that poem! Such a great name. I am praying and thinking about yall daily; I'm sure everything will be great and hopefully no reflux!!! I know your'e just dying for the day to come! Please post pics as soon as you can. So excited for all of you!
ReplyDelete